Analyst-Researcher, Royal Exchange London, Full Time (9am-6pm Mon to Fri) offering a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 p.a
A London based research consultancy focused on the Middle East.
The successful candidate will conduct in-depth research, writing and analysis on a wide range of Middle-Eastern related topics, as well as global developments relevant to regional stakeholders.
The main responsibilities of the Analyst-Researcher role are:
- Conduct in-depth research, both individually and in cooperation with other colleagues
- Write and co-author a variety of reports and analyses
- Reach out to sources and coordinate with our network of contacts
- Assist with assuring the integrity and objectivity of analyses and interpretation of events and information
- Participate in team discussions about relevant developments, events and future trends
- Help exercise strict quality control over our products, ensuring information is edited and presented in accordance with our established style guide
- Follow and keep up to date with specific regional developments and countries
- Assist with the development of the Company’s databases and research tools
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of our products and services by joining brainstorming sessions and pro-actively contributing new ideas and solutions to the challenges presented.
- Degree at 2:1 or above, or equivalent (in Middle Eastern Politics, International Affairs, History, Economics, Political Economy or another relevant discipline)
- Fluent in English and ideally working knowledge of Arabic
- Extensive knowledge of Middle Eastern economics, politics and current affairs
- At least 2 years’ experience as an analyst/researcher on the Middle East
- Working as part of a team
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Word.
- Sourcing information using the web
- Strong research, writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to contribute effectively as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively and non-defensively in a culture of constructive mutual criticism
- Ability to master new topics quickly
Please send a cover letter (500 words minimum), a CV and a relevant writing sample.
The cover letter should describe how your skills, past experience and career plans make you a suitable candidate for this position, as well as include salary expectations.