Accounts Officer 37 hours per week – Fixed Term until 31 March 2019. £24,717 – £29,033 per annum Grade 4
Based in Calcot, Reading
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) are seeking to recruit an Accounts Officer on a fixed term contract (to 31 March 2019) to join their Finance and Procurement Team team based at their service headquarters, located just off junction 12 of the M4. Reporting to the Systems and Exchequer Manager, the Accounts Officer will be primarily involved in the processing and management of invoices for the Accounts Payable and the Accounts Receivable functions. However, post is in a small team, so the post-holder will need to be flexible in order to provide admin support duties as required, and will work on other team objectives, and with other team members as required.
The key focus of this role is:
- To validate and process payments of all invoices to the Authority’s suppliers, to update and maintain computerised records;
- To maintain knowledge of the sub-contractors tax deduction scheme, VAT and other regulations appropriate for the post;
- To validate and process expense claims, including appropriate tax advice;
- To be responsible for the Accounts Receivable / sales invoice process, ensuring invoices are being raised in line with the latest policy and procedures and fee structure;
- To be responsible for chasing outstanding debt and managing agreed debt recovery plans;
- To be responsible for the validating and processing procurement card transactions.
Key role requirements include:
- Practical experience of working in a creditors payment environment, including the processing of invoices and managing supplier details;
- Practical experience of working in a debtors/sales invoice environment, including the management and recovery of debt;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, to able to communicate with non-financial members of staff;
- Knowledge of VAT, CIS and other tax matters;
- Good knowledge of accounting systems
- A positive “hand-on” approach to achieving own and team goals
Qualifications required are:
- GCSE at grade C or above in at least English and Mathematics. Ideally you will be working towards the AAT qualification.
In return RBFRS offers flexible working arrangements to help manage work-life balance, generous holiday allowance and personal benefits, including childcare vouchers, onsite gym facilities and an excellent pension scheme.
Application process: NO CV’S OR AGENCIES
If you are interested in applying for this position, an application pack, including a full job profile can be obtained from our website
http://www.rbfrs.co.uk/working-for-us/vacancies/ and then select Vacancies.
Completed applications should be sent to either firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, Human Resources Department, Newsham Court, Pincents Kiln, Calcot, Reading, RG31 7SD
Closing date for applications is Monday 5 December 2016
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service is committed to equality of opportunity, and is actively seeking a more diverse workforce. If you are disabled and meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.