Arabic Translator - Editor
Arabic Translator-Editor, Royal Exchange London, Full Time (9am-6pm Mon to Fri) offering a salary of £26,000 - £30,000 p.a
A London based research consultancy focused on the Middle East.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping translate research from English into Arabic and helping ensure the editorial quality of the Company's product range.
The main responsibilities of the Arabic Translator - Editor role are:
- Ensuring all research and English to Arabic translations meet the highest standard
- Exercising strict quality control over products, ensuring information is edited and presented in accordance with their established style guide
- Maintaining the integrity and objectivity of analyses and interpretation of events and information
- Commissioning and managing freelance translators
- Conducting research, both individually and in cooperation with other colleagues
- Contributing to the ongoing improvement of Company products and services by joining brainstorming sessions and pro-actively contributing new ideas and solutions to the challenges presented.
- A degree in Translation, Arabic, Arabic or English Literature, Middle Eastern Studies, Middle Eastern History, Economics, Journalism, or another relevant discipline
- Highly fluent in Arabic and English
- Detailed knowledge of Middle Eastern politics and current affairs
- At least 2 years' experience as a professional translator
- Research experience would be an advantage
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word
- Possess strong editorial skills
- Possess good organisational skills
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Ability to contribute effectively as part of a team
- Possess ambitions to pursue a career in translation, editing and research
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Please send a cover letter (500 words minimum) and a CV
The cover letter should describe how your skills, past experience and career plans make you a suitable candidate for this position, as well as include salary expectations.