Residential Support Workers within Residential Children's homes
Meadows Care are one of the UK's leading therapeutic residential childcare providers, with a network of homes based across Rochdale, Bury, Salford, Oldham and Huddersfield, as well as rapidly expanding across Birmingham.
We are currently looking to recruit a number of dedicated experienced Residential Support Workers within the North West area,, to assist us in the promotion of good childcare practice in accordance with our extremely high company standards. Offering so much more than a 9-5 job, all our managers have worked up from entry level roles, and we are committed to training and developing our staff to give you a real vocational career. Our shift patterns enable you to fit work around your life, and the job satisfaction is a huge factor for many of our staff.
The Residential Support Worker will report to the Deputy Manager and Registered Manager and will be responsible for:
- To ensure the physical, emotional and psychological needs of the young people in your care are met to Meadows’ exceptionally high standards
- To promote the welfare of our young people understanding and adhering to Safeguarding procedures
- Providing care, support and supervision, including household tasks, cooking, shopping, laundry and teaching independent living skills to the young people in your care
- To maintain good communication skills and written records
- To liaise with stakeholders on a day-to-day basis, participating in the assessment of the young peoples needs and the implementation of care plans and risk assessments
- To support young people by driving them to home visits, school and appointments etc. that may involve long distances
- Work in partnership with educational staff to ensure educational needs are met
- To administer prescribed and non-prescribed medication to young people as dictated
- Attend and take an active part in team meetings, handovers and supervisions
What do we look for from applicants who want to become a Residential Support Worker?
You must hold or be willing to work towards Level 3 Diploma / NVQ in Children and Young Peoples Workforce - Which we will support you through
Excellent written and oral communication skills
The ability to positively engage with young people, and be a good role model
The ability to empathise with young people who experience emotional and behavioural difficulties
The ability to remain calm in stressful situations
The ability to physically restrain young people to ensure their safety and that of others, which requires a good standard of physical health
If you have a passion for bringing out the best in those around you, and feel you could thrive in a sometimes challenging but incredibly rewarding role, please click apply below and we will be in touch.
Meadows are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment and passion for high quality childcare.
The approximate annual earnings (From RSW Grade 1 to RSW Grade 3) is £17,000 - £18,750 per annum - Rising even further if you become a Deputy or Registered Manager. Please note flexibility is essential, as applicants must be able to work on a rota basis which will include weekends, sleepovers and bank holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, and all appointments are subject to receipt of a clear Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, and proof of any relevant documentation will be asked for at interview.