Technical Operator - Thermoforming PET
Main Accountibility & Purpose
- To operate and maintain the efficient running of thermoforming equipment whilst also supervising staff and production lines when required.
- Run machines as and when required to the correct safety, quality and output requirements.
- Organise the workflow on and the operation of, thermoforming equipment to meet pre-agreed departmental objectives/targets.
- Monitor performance on the production line and ensure this is communicated to all relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Carry out maintenance checks on equipment and repairs/corrective actions as necessary.
- Be responsible for the quality of products produced on the line, making operational decisions and instilling the importance of product quality in others.
- Be responsible for the training and coaching of new staff and the development of colleagues within the department.
- Focus on continuous improvement, proactively seeking process improvements and assisting with their implementation. Help develop a continuous improvement culture within own team and department as a whole.
- Employ 5S methodology to ensure good housekeeping is maintained throughout the department. Actively encourage others to do this also.
- Re-write operational procedures and training packages as and when required.
- Supervise staff within the Thermoforming Department as and when required.
- Act as a role model, constantly instilling company values in others.
- Be responsible for Health and Safety in your area of responsibility and support the development of a proactive Health and Safety culture within the Thermoforming Department.
- Proactively look to improve personal knowledge and understanding for the benefit of the team and department as a whole.
- Adhere to all company policies and ensure others do the same.
- Act professionally with all internal and external customers and all colleagues.
- Ensure all communication between yourself and your colleagues is clear and delivered in a professional manner.
- Ensure that all relevant information is shared between all colleagues by instigating communication.
- Maintain effective accurate systems and records that can be accessed at any time by colleagues.
- Share workloads covering sickness and holidays. Be proactive to assist with colleagues temporary increased workloads.
- Have a flexible approach to changes in working relationships and working methods
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all colleagues at all times.
- To assist with, demonstrate and promote inter-departmental communications, relations and working.
Health & Safety
- To ensure compliance with the Organisation Environmental, Safety and Employment Legislation policies.
- To ensure that Company safety, fire and accident policies are adhered to.
- To report any element that may result in reducing safety, quality or efficiency standards.
- To drive the department and team to better health and Safety working practices whilst striving to constantly reduce the number of undesirable circumstances, near misses, and accidents.
This is a monthly paid position and is on the 4on-4off shift rotation working 12 hour shifts: Two days: 7am to 7pm and Two nights: 7pm to 7am followed by 4 rest days.
Apply for Technical Operator - Thermoforming PET
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly