Maintenance Electrician 4 on 4 off Shift
Main Accountability / Purpose
To electrically, electronically maintain thermoforming, printing and paper cup machines through breakdown, planned, and preventative maintenance methodologies. Additionally, the role includes the participation in continuous improvement projects.
- Knowledge of PLCs and PLC programming.
- Logical approach to troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of temperature and pressure control circuits.
- Understanding of stepper, single and 3 phase motors and motor controllers.
- Able to use and understand multimeters, oscilloscopes and other measurement devices.
- Able to use and understand electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Must be computer literate.
- HNC/ONC/C&G in electrical or electronic engineering.
Minimum 5 years experience in fault finding on plastic processing equipment (injection moulding or thermoforming), printing (flexographic or dry-offset) machines.
Particular preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
Must be KPI driven to optimise output and yield and be able to their initiative to solve a problem if parts are not readily available.
This is a weekly paid position and will be a 4on-4off shift rotation working 12 hour shifts. (Two days: 7am to 7pm; Two nights: 7pm to 7am; and 4 rest days).