Economist, Not for Profit Trade Association in Kenilworth, Warwickshire, £25,000 with an annual bonus.
Founded in 1905, this not-for-profit trade association provides a leading industry voice to help shape the future policy direction within the energy sector.
Using its wealth of expertise and over 100 years of experience, it acts to further the best interests of its members and the wider community in working towards a sustainable, energy secure and energy efficient future.
We are now seeking an Economist to join our team in Kenilworth.
The Economist is responsible for managing and supporting the Company’s policy development and statistical service. This service enhances the offering to members of the organisation and supports our engagement with government and other stakeholders.
Economist Main Duties:
- To manage and deliver statistical service, providing up to date information to member companies on monthly activity.
- Provide analysis of the data and commentary to members and externally.
- Develop economic models that provide member companies with forecasts of future trends in the sector and markets they operate.
- Collate and analyse all statistical and economic data relevant to the membership of the organisation and disseminate the information to members and others, serving the objectives and policies of the company.
- Assist in influencing government fiscal and economic policies in support of our members.
- Assist in producing evidence based responses to consultations and policy proposals on behalf of the company.
- Represent the company by presenting research externally.
Economist Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to analyse and interpret economic and industry data quickly.
- Degree in economics, backed up with either a related Masters or relevant work experience.
- Background in economic research and analysis.
- Ability to write on complex economic issues that is accessible to members and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the UK energy and heating sector would be desirable.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information to a wide range of audiences.
- Highly competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications and basic econometric packages.
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise work.
- Good team worker
Once you have submitted your CV, please complete the comments box and tell us why you think you are the perfect candidate for this position.
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you haven’t heard from us a week after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.