Night Shift Registration Officer
Latis Scientific Ltd are looking to recruit a Night Shift Registration Officer in order to efficiently manage and resolve customer queries, while providing a high quality service that is fundamental to the business philosophy of the Company.
As a Registration Officer, you will be responsible for registering, receiving and sending a range of samples for analysis and investigation. You will need to develop and maintain knowledge of standard operating procedures ensuring that procedures are followed and notify other relevant employees when this has not been complied with.
The Registration Officers are responsible for but not limited to:
• Pre-logging samples on AIS LIMS to produce pre-logged bottle labels.
• Packing and labelling bottles/ media/ kits as per clients request
• Booking customer bottle deliveries
• Monitoring client bottle requests via the couriers to ensure that they are delivered, and chasing failed deliveries
• Ensuring samples are received and recorded in the laboratory
• Sorting and prioritising samples for processing
• Undertaking data entry using a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) with minimal mistakes according to UKAS requirements
• Scanning and attaching photos and paperwork onto the LIMS system
• Recording and entering results and maintaining records
• Undertaking training of registration officers.
• Upholding and complying with the statutory provision of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation and policies or procedures relating to Health & Safety at Work.
• The Scientific Officers will uphold and comply with the requirements of International Standard EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 ‘General Requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories’.
The ideal candidate will hold a GCSE or A Level equivalent in a science related subject, have experience of data entry and have excellent attention to detail. The successful candidate will need an adaptable approach to completing tasks, the ability to follow procedures and excellent customer service skills.
Latis Scientific Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and job applicants equally.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Tuesday-Saturday, 12am–8am. (Day shifts for first month to complete training)
Location: Based from Crayford but with travel into central London expected for first few weeks.
Salary: £19,000 per annum plus benefits