Care Worker / Assistant Care Manager / Deputy Care Manager
Residential Children’s Home requires enthusiastic Residential Care Workers, Assistant Managers and Deputy Managers, salary up to £30,000 including allowances.
It’s the New Year, are you looking for a new career? We have a number of exciting opportunities within our expanding residential care organisation for care workers, Assistant Managers and Deputy Managers to work with children in care and assist in the overall running of the home.
Roles and salaries available:
- Residential Care Worker up to £20,000
- Senior Residential Care Worker up to £23,500
- Assistant & Deputy Manager up to £30,000
Care Worker, Assistant Manager and Deputy Manager Main Duties
- Provide day to day support, care and guidance to children and teenagers in a residential care setting
- Encourage children to succeed and progress through education and other activities
- Work as a team with other members of staff to provide a consistent, supportive and caring environment for young people
- Assist with transportation of young people where required
- Maintain the children's home to a suitable standard for looking after children
- Work closely with young people to achieve personal goals and objectives and address any issues as and when they arise
- Lead a small staff team including assisting with creating rotas, managing shifts, dealing with day to day staff and young peoples issues
- Assistant Managers and Deputy Managers will cover management duties in the absence of the Registered Manager and support as required
- Progression is always an option for the right people, we train and promote from within up to and including Registered Care Manager and Social Worker level.
Care Worker, Assistant Manager and Deputy Manager Requirements
- Requires shift work, including nights and weekends
- Full driving licence
- Applicants must be over the age of 21 for Regulatory reasons
- Must hold minimum Level 3 Diploma for Children & Young People's Workforce
- Must have previous experience working in Children’s Homes and any experience in social care, health care or education sectors would also be an advantage
- Experience of managing people required for Assistant Manager and Deputy Manager positions
- Applicants must undergo an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check prior to start of employment (cost met by employer) and full references will be taken
Care Worker, Assistant Manager and Deputy Manager Necessary Skills & Qualities
- Ability to work with young people from all backgrounds and walks of life
- Ability to cope with and respond to challenging behaviour in a constructive way
- Excellent people skills and the ability to communicate effectively with children and young people, colleagues and Senior Managers
- Excellent team working skills, and ability to lead and guide other staff members
- Supportive and caring nature
- Willing / able to take part in normal daily activities with young people (e.g. cinema, shopping etc.).
Care Today was established in 1991 and continues to rapidly develop, providing residential care services across many parts of the UK. As a family run business, Care Today's culture is supportive, friendly and flexible, investing heavily into staff development and training. There are opportunities for progression within the company for the right people, with full training provided by the sister organisation Training 2 Care. The other sister organisation, Parallel Parents Ltd, is a private fostering agency employing a team of Social Workers and providing foster homes to children across the country.
Apply for Care Worker / Assistant Care Manager / Deputy Care Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly