Service Desk Engineer - 24/7
The Service Desk Engineer is primarily responsible for providing the first level of technical support for products and services. This position will work with customers to assist with trouble shooting and problem resolution.
Key Area of Responsibility:
- Maintaining the Service Desk day to day tasks
- Analyze customer’s problems and issues (1st line and 2nd line troubleshooting support)
- Take appropriate action to resolve the problem in a timely manner to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Track customer reported problems following ticketing procedures.
- Effectively work with Network Operation Center, 2nd, and 3rd level support groups as needed for ticket resolution.
- Assist in the development and execution of plans for network support and monitoring tools
- Ensure timely follow-up and resolution of customer requests following established severity level guidelines.
- Effectively support customer notification process.
- Work closely with overseas Support desks
- Require to work 24/7 shift duties
(Key challenges, if any, in carrying out these responsibilities)
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. In some cases, such as off peak hours, weekends and holidays, ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to proactively anticipate customer needs and make recommendations to meet those needs. Ability to work in a multiple shift environment covering 24 x 7 x 365.