Due to growth DETS are currently looking for a Laboratory Technician to join the Inorganics department
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and extraction of analytical samples and reagents including basic analysis using classical wet chemistry techniques in accordance with laboratory test procedures.
- Basic laboratory testing where appropriate
- The Calculation of results.
- Ensuring Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
- Ensuring Quality procedures are adhered to.
- Data entry into LIMS.
- Calibration, equipment and balance checks
- Housekeeping, ensuring the laboratory work area is clean, tidy and free from rubbish.
- Part of the weekend rota team.
- A minimum of G.C.S.E grade C or above in Science, Maths and English or two years laboratory experience.
- No experience necessary if the qualification requirements are satisfied.
Competencies, Skills and Behaviours
- Industry Experience
- Proactive approach to work
- Good organisational skills
- Ability use initiative
- Good communicator
- Basic computer skills
37.5 hours per week + overtime
Salary: £13,552.50 – 14,040.00