Derwentside Environmental Testing Services (DETS) specialise in carrying out analytical services in sectors such as environmental, construction, waste, fuel and engineering industries. DETS pride in providing high quality services to an accredited environment (UKAS 17025 standards) and over the years they have seen significant year on year growth and market penetration in the above sectors.
As a result of continued growth and expansion, DETS are currently looking for an Analyst to join the Inorganics team.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Analysis and preparation of laboratory samples and reagents in accordance with laboratory test procedures (soils, waters and associated materials using a variety of techniques)
- Responsible for hitting daily targets and deadlines as set by the laboratory manager
- The calculation and interpretation of analytical results
- Calibration, equipment and balance checks
- Data entry into LIMS
- Ensure quality, health and safety procedures are adhered to
- General housekeeping and being part of the weekend rota team
Qualifications, Experience & Qualities:
- HNC or HND in a science related subject along with a minimum of one year laboratory experience, or a degree in a science related subject, or a minimum of two years laboratory experience.
- Proactive approach to work, customer-focused and results-orientated
- Good interpersonal, communication skills and team player
- Good organisational, problem-solving and basic computer skills
- Flexible approach to work
37.5 hours per week + overtime
DETS offer a group personal pension scheme with a contributory element offers a positive and a happy work environment. For the right individual, who demonstrates good work ethics, positive attitude, willingness to work hard and be flexible, there may also be the opportunity for career progression.