Office Manager/Bookkeeper- Hove, East Sussex £20,000 to £28,000 per annum
Office Manager/ Bookkeeper, Hove, East Sussex
£20,000 to £28,000 pro rata.
Full or Part time considered
This is an exciting opportunity for an Office Manager/Bookkeeper to join a fast growing Groundworks specialist company based in Hove. With the majority of our works based in and around London.
We are seeking an experienced Office Manager /Bookkeeper who has prior experience in business processes.
The successful candidate will have a hands on approach, with a must do attitude towards daily tasks and running of a busy construction company. Our office is small but we can manage up to 60 plus subcontractors with turnover of £2 million.
You will be a key player whose vital role is the glue that pulls everything together.
- Organise the provision of comprehensive administrative support to the business manager/ director
- Respond to invitations to tender , collate and prepare follow up enquiries and explore procurement opportunities
- Manage and update subcontractors details ( verification , monthly CIS returns, statements )
- Support site supervisors with project administration
- Assist to develop Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Order supplies and tools for projects
- Manage and track subcontractors daily time sheets then subsequently set up their payments
- Assist in developing the training matrix and booking training
- Bookkeeping, bank reconciliation , customer and supplier reconciliation
- Recruit subcontractors
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent knowledge of the groundworks and construction sector
- Good understanding of Eque2 construction software
- Good knowledge of using Microsoft packages
- VAT understanding and completion of returns
- Knowledge of Health and safety in construction
- Project management experience
- Marketing experience
You will need the following essential experience/skills:
- Previous office manager experience
- Experience with Sage 50 accounts, payroll
- CIS scheme knowledge
- Excellent IT skills covering database, MO software
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Self- reliant and self-motivated with the ability to take initiative
- Flexible and adaptable to changing workloads
Apply for Office Manager/Bookkeeper- Hove, East Sussex £20,000 to £28,000 per annum
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly