An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Manager to join a residential childcare services provider based in Birmingham in our Residential Remand Home. In return, we offer excellent earning potential, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and pension scheme.
We are one of the UK’s leading therapeutic residential childcare providers. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment and passion for high quality childcare.
The Registered Manager will be responsible for the day to day operational running of the Residential Remand Children’s home.
Duties will involve:
- Managing staff on a day-to-day basis in all areas of residential childcare work, including recruitment, development of staff, inductions and training
- Planning and maintaining staff rota’s, ensuring adequate cover at all times
- Working closely with Birmingham commissioning team to identify appropriate placements ensuring positive matching of young people at all times
- Working with the youth justice system and the courts
- Liaising with the social worker providing them with all relevant information
- Liaising with the placing social worker to obtain relevant background information on young people in an emergency
- Monitoring young people’s needs and assist in formulating individual plans, which address those needs, in consultation with the young person and their social worker
- Developing and implementing policies that are culturally and socially appropriate and which respect our residents’ race, gender, religion
The successful Registered Manager will:
- Hold an NVQ Level 4 or Diploma Level 5 in Management and Care
- Have a relevant social work qualification
- Have proficient experience working in a residential care home or a directly related field
- Have experience of the youth justice system and the courts
- Have experience of managing child care service
- Possess a detailed understanding of Children’s Act 1989, Children’s Home Regulations, Quality Standards, Health and Safety Requirements, Equal Opportunities, Anti-discriminatory practice and other relevant legislation
- Have experience of assessment, care planning and review
- Hold a full driving license and own transport
The hours of work are 40 hours per week plus on call duties.
This role is subject to satisfactory DBS and reference checks.
This role would suit an experienced Care Manager, Residential Care Home Manager, Children’s Home Manager or Care Supervisor.
Please apply online to be considered for the Registered Manager role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Registered Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly