Job Role: Editor
Hours: 9am - 6pm Monday - Friday
Pay: £27,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience & qualifications
Applications online. Please also send a cover letter (500 words minimum), and a relevant writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
The cover letter should describe how your skills, past experience and career plans make you a suitable candidate for this position.
A London based research consultancy focused on the Middle East.
The successful candidate will copy-edit our English-language output and design high-quality final documents and supplementary graphics (in both English and Arabic) to accompany all our reports.
The main responsibilities of the Editor role are:
- Help exercise strict quality control over our products, ensuring information is edited and presented in accordance with our established style guide.
- Copy-edit all English-language output with a high degree of accuracy.
- Assist with content editing and management, ensuring the integrity and objectivity of analyses, in coordination with the analysts responsible
- Create high-quality designed documents in both English and Arabic using InDesign
- Create maps, graphs and similar illustrations using Illustrator
- Participate in team discussion about relevant developments, events and future trends
- Follow and keep up to date with specific Middle Eastern developments and countries, and assist with research when required
- Assist with the development of the Company's database and research tools
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of our products and services by joining brainstorming sessions and pro-actively contributing new ideas and solutions to the challenges presented
- Degree at 2:1 or above, or equivalent
- Fluent in English and have a working knowledge of Arabic
- Solid working knowledge of Middle Eastern politics and current affairs
- Firm grasp of graphic design
- At least 2 years' professional experience in a similar role
- Experience in design of Arabic-language documents is an advantage
- Experience using Adoble Creative Suite (InDesign and Illustrator)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Word
- Sourcing information using the web
- Strong research, writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to contribute effectively as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively and non-defensively in a culture of constructive mutual criticism
- Ability to master new topics quickly