HR Advisor (Part Time)
HR, Recruitment & Training
£29000 - £35000 (pro rata)
Salary Pro Rata - Part Time
A part time HR Advisor is required for The HR Dept, based in Theale, Reading.
We are looking for an experienced HR Generalist to work for 26.5 hours per week spread over 3.5 days (to include Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but hours and days to be agreed). The pay rate is £15 to £18 per hour, which equates to an annual full-time salary of £29,000 to £35,000 per annum.
The work is extremely varied and we currently provide HR support to around 75 Clients varying in size from 2-200 staff across all business sectors and charities.
The HR Dept Ltd provides the complete range of outsourced HR Services to small and medium sized companies in and around Reading and the Thames Valley.
- Provide advice and guidance to clients on a range of HR issues either by telephone, email or face to face.
- Manage casework such as recruitment, disciplinary, grievance, redundancy, sickness absence or performance cases.
- Build strong working relationships with clients.
- Produce Employee Handbook and Contracts of Employment for new clients.
- Update existing Handbooks and Contracts of Employment in line with legislative changes.
- Maintain records for client advice in line with company procedures.
- Actively seek opportunities to build client base to include networking etc.
- Keep abreast of changes in employment law.
Qualifications and Skills required:
- CIPD qualified with 3 + years’ experience in HR
- Significant experience of managing Employee Relations issues
- Good current working knowledge of Employment Law
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels, whether face to face, on the telephone or in writing
- IT competence in Microsoft Office programs
- Good organisational skills
- Customer focussed
- Proactive and able to work with limited supervision
- Experience of drafting and amending Employment Contracts and Employee Handbooks
- Commercially aware; familiar with the needs of small businesses