Role Title: Administrative Assistant Totnes and Torquay Offices
Reports to: Tony German (Torquay Office) and Camilla Barrow (Exeter Office)
Location: Spilt between the Torquay and Totnes Office, currently located at: The White House, 42-44 The Terrace, Torquay, Devon, TQ1 1DE and No. 3 Little Priory Offices, Fore Street, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 5NJ.
(NB: 3 days in one office and 2 days in the other)
Main Duties: To provide support to the Fee Earners/Surveyors to enable them to work efficiently. Providing administrative and clerical support at the Totnes and Torquay offices enabling information to be produced as and when required and all correspondence and communication internally and externally to be managed in a professional manner. Also providing similar duties to support the other offices when required.
- Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project team activities as and when determined by the Directors to meet the priorities of the business.
- Using a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher etc to produce correspondence and documents from dictation and maintain layout presentation, records, spreadsheets and databases;
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests and handling them when appropriate;
- Dealing with incoming post and e-mails and often drafting written responses on behalf of the surveyors to routine enquiries;
- Devising and maintaining office systems as necessary;
- Liaising with staff in other offices and with external contacts;
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and equipment supplies for the Totnes and Torquay offices;
- Sorting and distributing incoming post and organising and sending outgoing post;
- Organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer based information;
- Photocopying, scanning and printing various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues
Qualifications and experience required for this role:
- General working knowledge of administration in a busy small office environment;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word processing at 60wpm/spreadsheets/e-mail);
- Communication skills – written and verbal;
- Client/customer facing skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Team Worker;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Focused on delivering results;
- Evidence of a ‘self-starter’ who does not require close supervision.
The office hours will be 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday which is a 37.5 hour week
Statutory pension scheme.
33 days holiday per year which is inclusive of Bank Holidays.
Interviews will include a short typing test and will be held at the Exeter office.