Commercial Manager - Build
Commercial Manager - Manchester based - BLUE CHIP MAIN CONTRACTOR
Our client is a multi-disciplinary leading main contractor, specialising in a variety of large new build building schemes and refurbishment schemes. This client are in the UK's top 5 blue chip main contractors. They have an outstanding reputation throughout the industry and the UK. They are looking for project leads / Managing Surveyors and Commercial managers for large building projects
The role will involve:
Managing a team of Senior, Project and Assistant Quantity Surveyors (training where required)
Monitoring contract costs against agreed budgets - company financial reporting.
Financially responsible for £100 million worth of work spread over one if not two large projects
- Develop and monitor the use of cost and financial reporting systems.
- Identify potential risks and evaluate options for control.
- Guide and advise staff on contractual issues
- Guide and develop site staff, identifying training where necessary
- Monitor contract compliance against statutory requirements.
- Oversee the procedures for certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Strong JCT, D&B and NEC contract knowledge
-Strong management skills
- Experience of Commercial works in the main contracting building industry
- Experience of contract management of building and refurbishment schemes.
·A good leader who remains calm under pressure
·Having strong commercial awareness and a focus on results
·Having deep technical, legal and commercial knowledge
·Must have experience of managing Construction projects circa £50M in value
·RICS / CIOB professional membership (desirable)
£45000 to £65000 per annum
Plus company car / car allowance
Excellent contributory Pension
Potential Bonus scheme
Your application will be reviewed by Alexandra Smith at the Manchester branch of AndersElite. If you believe you are suitable for this role please forward your cv or ring me on 07980 006 436 or 0161 832 7577