Purchase Ledger/Accounts Assistant
New opportunity not to be missed! Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Purchase Ledger/Accounts Assistant to join the team based in Manchester. The successful candidate will join them on a full time temporary basis and will receive a competitive salary of £14,000-£16,000 depending on experience.
As a purchase ledger clerk you will assist in controlling the companies spending.
The Purchase Ledger/Accounts Assistant role is generally responsible for making BACS or cheque payments, generating coding and checking invoices, check correct input Vat is recorded, checking and reconciling statements and dealing with all purchase ledger enquiries.
Small office based in Openshaw, Manchester; Reporting directly to the Management Accountant, the Purchase Ledger role generally assists the accounts department as necessary, providing any information required.
Key Responsibilities of the Purchase Ledger/Accounts Assistant
- Check, code & process invoices
- Reconciling delivery notes to invoices received
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Process business expense returns
- Cashbook reconciliation – Posting receipts & payments
- Processing BACS payments and preparing cheques
- Supplier telephone enquiries
- Providing members of team with sales & purchase information
- Assist Management accountant with month end routines
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the Purchase Ledger/Accounts Assistant
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Self discipline
- Good team working skills
- The ability to work to monthly deadlines
- An aptitude for IT – knowledge of software packages like Excel
- Studying towards the AAT Qualification
With excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your career, they are the place to be. Why not click apply today to become their temporary Purchase Ledger/Accounts Assistant – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join them.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect their policy of no cold calling.