Assistant Financial Controller
Are you an ambition number cruncher that would like to work in a fast paced creative environment? Are you recently qualified or in the final stages of qualifying? Do you want to take on responsibilities to help further your career with a rapidly expanding business? Then this may be the role for you.......
The role reports to the FD and manages 1 direct report.
You will be required to:
• Manage the day to day running of the finance department ensuring that a professional service is provided
• Manage fluctuating workloads across the finance team, ensuring that backlogs do not accumulate
• Manage the month end process; review actuals, review and consolidate variance analysis versus forecast, budget and last year; review and consolidate balance sheet analysis.
• Manage the quarterly forecast process: collate and challenge forecasts; review and consolidate variance analysis versus prior forecast, budget and last year;
• Prepare monthly financial information for the UK Management Team and handle ad-hoc requests
• Ensure compliance with UK tax legislation (VAT, EC Sales list) and liaise with external advisors as necessary
• Ensure that financial systems meet business requirements and strive to make optimum use of systems
• Ensure all business processes are adequately documented and controlled,
• Ensure that balance sheet is tightly controlled: review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations; control of receivables, intercompanies etc
• Manage relationship with external and internal audit
• Manage cash flow and foreign exchange transactions
• Manage the annual capital budget ensuring spend on all projects is controlled
• Manage the annual budget process
• Ensure continual development of UK finance team (appraisals, training, succession planning)
• Support the UK Management Team in assessing new business opportunities
The ideal candidate will have the following as essential;
• Track record of process improvement within a finance department
• Track record of balance sheet control
• Ability to manage a team
• Good humoured
• Able to handle pressure
• Must have experience in management of people.
• Must be finalist or newly qualified Accountant.
• Ideally experience in a creative environment
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter embellishing on your previous experience that would be most suitable for this role. The HR Dept, is acting as a Recruiting Agent and is not the employer for this role.
Apply for Assistant Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly