Learning & Development Administrator
British Gymnastics is the UK Governing Body for gymnastics. We exist to support, lead and inspire all those involved or interested in gymnastics; from the creation of new programmes and activities at grass roots level in the community, to the development of talent producing international gymnasts.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us as we develop our learning and knowledge centre enabling us to provide a portfolio of high quality training and development to our staff and to the wider Gymnastics community. This includes face-to-face courses, online programmes and a variety of development initiatives, and ensures that training is relevant and effective for both the individual and the business. We are now looking to recruit an Administrator to support both the Education and L&D team in maintaining the resources programmes/packs, coordinating the logistics of training courses and being pro-active making sure courses are viable.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• Ensuring all resources are registered in a document management system, are referenced/dated, the register is maintained and the master documents clearly labelled and appropriately stored, paying particular attention to the security of master documents
• Coordinate all logistical aspects of internal & external training courses including: scheduling, liaising with training representatives, booking rooms, managing diaries, sending reminders, arranging catering, IT equipment and course materials, preparing all training materials and sending out post-course evaluation requests
• Creating and maintaining HTML pages to include photo upload and editing; graphics creation; sourcing; upload and manipulation; drafting and reviewing copy; maintaining and developing page layout.
• Liaising with the Education Team and Instructional Designers regarding house style/branding developments and templates
• Conducting user testing to ensure new content is functional; recording results and providing feedback.
• Providing administration cover for the wider Education & People Services teams, fielding telephone enquiries, responding to requests for information, forwarding calls and correspondence to relevant individuals.
The ideal individual will have/be able to demonstrate:
• Proficient in Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, Outlook. Previous experience of using InDesign, internet sites for uploading, storing and updating pages is desirable
• Excellent attention to detail and command of the English language for proof-reading and type setting
• Good interpersonal skills for communicating with a wide variety of people in various formats
• Having a can-do attitude to support the wider team and having an approachable and friendly demeanour as the first point of contact into the L&D team
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.