Section Head - Sample Registration
Section Head - Sample Registration
QTS Environmental Ltd are looking to recruit a Section Head to be responsible for the smooth running of the Sample Registration department by ensuring that jobs are correctly booked in through our LIMS system, and that samples are prepared and logged according to standard operating procedures.
As the Section Head of our Sample Registration department, you will be responsible for the Laboratory Technicians within the team and manage the day to day running of the department. You will need to develop and maintain knowledge of standard operating procedures ensuring that procedures are followed and notify other relevant employees when this has not been complied with.
The Section Head of Sample Registration is responsible for but not limited to:
- Undertaking and supervising the logging of jobs in our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Sorting and prioritising samples for processing.
- Actively managing the day to day running of the department, ensuring that the correct levels of staff are available at all times to ensure no disruption to sample throughput occurs.
- Packing and labelling bottles/media/kits and other consumables as per clients’ requests.
- Booking customer deliveries.
- Training junior members of the department to ensure their performance is satisfactory and cost effective.
- Implementing and managing any changes the laboratory and quality system requires.
- Ensuring that samples are dried, crushed and stored according to written procedures.
- Dealing with container requests.
- Ensuring that sample description ACQs are carried out weekly.
- Being responsible for opening in the mornings.
- Ensuring all unscheduled work is logged and easily accessible.
- Assisting with implementing, developing, reviewing and updating standard operating procedures for the department.
- Ensuring that the methods used within the laboratory reflect current legislative and industrial requirements and providing expertise in method development and validation.
- Ensuring that responses to breakdown and emergency situations are effective and within agreed timescales.
- Assisting with implementation of external and internal auditing systems.
- Ensuring that an audit trail is fully completed and maintained to demonstrate investigation of any non-compliances associated with deviations from routine practices.
- Ensuring that all quality control, method deviations or equipment breakdowns are reported promptly to the Laboratory manager, and if required, to customers via Client Liaison Officers.
- Providing Technical support to customers, client liaison officers, and other members of the laboratory when required.
- Preparing and participating in departmental/management meetings.
The ideal candidate will hold an A Level or equivalent in a science related subject or other relevant qualification at an equivalent level in an appropriate scientific discipline. They will have previous supervisory experience, and experience within a laboratory would be advantageous.
QTS Environmental Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and job applicants equally.
Hours: 40 hours per week, in line with shift patterns.
Salary: Circa £18,000 - £20,000, dependent on experience
Location: Based from Lenham Heath, Kent
Apply for Section Head - Sample Registration
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly