Latis Scientific Ltd are looking to recruit a Scientific Officer in order to efficiently manage and resolve customer queries, while providing a high quality service that is fundamental to the business philosophy of the Company.
As a Scientific Officer, you will be responsible for analysing and investigating results for a range of scientific work. You will need to develop and maintain knowledge of standard operating procedures ensuring that procedures are followed and notify other relevant employees when this has not been complied with.
The Scientific Officers are responsible for but not limited to:-
- Undertake laboratory analysis of water from a variety of sources and on occasions other matrices in strict adherence to analytical methods standard operating procedures.
- Analysis and investigation of results in conjunction with the Senior Scientific Officers, and Laboratory Managers.
- Develop, validate, review, update and implement standard operating procedures, for work undertaken in their area of responsibility, in conjunction with senior staff.
- Ensuring that procedures are followed routinely and departures or changes are brought to the attention of the Senior Scientific Officer or Laboratory Manager
- Implementing all aspects of the Quality Management System and associated documentation and to notify Senior Scientists and/or Laboratory Manager of any departure from the Quality Management System and procedures so that reparation can be made.
- Undertake data entry using a Laboratory Information Management System
- Undertake training of scientific technicians
- To uphold and comply with the statutory provision of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation and policies or procedures relating to Health & Safety at Work.
- The Scientific Officers will uphold and comply with the requirements of International Standard EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 ‘General Requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories’.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level (scientific discipline or combination of disciplines) and it would be advantageous to have previous experience of working in a laboratory environment. The role requires excellent attention to detail, ability to follow procedures and analyse data.
Latis Scientific Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and job applicants equally.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, in line with shift patterns.
Location: Based from Crayford but with travel into central London expected for first few weeks.
Salary: Circa £15,000 per annum rising to £16,000 after 6 months plus benefits including pension and life assurance.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we will only contact those who are successful after shortlisting.
Apply for Scientific Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly